The cutter decks are formed from a single piece of pressed steel then galvanised for durability. The chassis stiffness has been strengthened by double with the added 4 step molding process. The inclusion of aluminium components to areas of the mower where rigidity and strength are crucial including the grass discharge chute allows for the hybrid steel / aluminium chassis.
The Mountfield SP555 V is a 4 wheel rotary cut lawnmower with a variable speed transmission.
A heavy duty stepless variator transmission designed around a new larger cone lets the user control the travelling speed of the mower without having to apply much pressure to the drive lever. The transmission is less sensitive to wear and provides more torque than on previous models.
The SP555 V has a large 53cm / 21 inch cutting width and with the power drive enables you to cover more ground and with less effort than if using a hand-propelled mower. The Honda GCVx170 engine has a 167cc capacity and produces 3.3 kW @ 2900rpm.
7 cutting height positions from 25 – 77mm adjusted via the central lever ensure you choose the perfect cut for the lawn. It is recommended to start on the highest setting then work down gradually to avoid damaging the grass and get the best cut and finish. Supplied as standard with the Mountfield SP555V is a mulch plug. When fitted at the rear of the mower the plug allows the grass clippings to be mulched into tiny pieces which are then blown back onto the ground. The nutrient rich particles are re-absorbed for a healthier lawn.
- Model : SP555 V
- Type : 4 wheel
- Engine : Honda GCVx170 OHV Autochoke
- Capacity : 167cc
- Net Power Output : 3.3 kW @ 2900rpm
- Drive : Yes
- Transmission : Speed variator
- Width of Cut : 53cm
- Height of Cut : 7 positions from 25 - 77mm
- Height of Cut Adjustment : Centralised lever
- Chassis Material : Steel / Aluminium Hybrid
- Grassbag Type : Canvas plug in
- Grassbag Capacity : 70 litres
- Grassbag Full Indicator : Yes
- Vibration Control System: Yes
- Mulch Kit : Standard
- Wash Link: Yes
- Adjustable & Folding Handlebar: Yes
- Wheels: Front 210mm / Rear 240mm Grooved with ball bearings
- Weight : 46kg
- Warranty : Manufacturer's 5 year (Terms and Conditions Apply)